Warm summer evenings call for al freso dining, accompanied by homemade focaccia. Enjoy this fresh and herby focaccia, topped with Kiwi Artisan olives, created by the talented Maya & Chelsea.
1/2 cup semolina flour
2_1/2 cups bread flour
1 sachet instant yeast
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
Toppings (this is the fun part, don't be scared to get creative!):
Kiwi Artisan Manuka Smoked Olives
- Combine yeast, sugar and water, stir and set aside for a couple of minutes until it's frothy
- Add both flours and a pinch of sea salt
- Mix either by hand or on a low setting with your mixer - slowly pouring in the yeast - until the dough is soft and light
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with tea towel to prove for 40mins or until it's doubled in size
- Before removing from the bowl knock it down (literally make a fist and push it down a couple of times)
- Transfer to an oiled cast iron pan (cast iron gives it the crispy bottom crust)
- Time to get your hands dirty! Using your fingers, make dimples across the dough. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt - cover with your tea towel for another 30mins. Pre heat your oven to 220C
- Add your toppings and cook in the oven for 20-25mins
- Remove from the oven, serve with olive oil and sea salt.
For more irresistibly delicious recipes, follow our instagram here.